Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Learning a little bit

OK here is number 2, hopefully it will be shorter, but who knows...I can be long winded.

So with this recent drama going on one thing I have been focusing on is learning. As I have mentioned before I just started college but that isn't what I am talking about. I have been having a hard time trying to figure out things about myself. For instance my husband asked me what I want for my birthday. You would think after 9 years of being together and almost 7 years of marriage that he would know me well enough to get me a birthday present.

My husband is actually really bad at buying presents, our first Christmas together he bought me a box of colored pencils, a Cosmo magazine and a Tupperware organizer for my scrap booking stuff. But despite that, I didn't know what to tell him. Going through everything I have in the last year and turning (gulp) 30- having a happy birthday has not been one of my top priorities. Being a little depressed I really don't know what I want anymore...but it's more then that, it's worse. I feel like I don't know who I am anymore!

Well that just will not do. So once upon a time I had stumbled on a self help book. The entire book contained nothing but lined pages and headers at the top. It was called the book of lists. The idea was that you could get to know yourself by writing these lists of things you liked, things you thought about, so on and so fourth. I never had the money to buy the book of lists but still wanted to try the concept.
Tonight I stumbled upon someone Else's blog on hub pages (sorry I should have taken notes so that I could reference this ladies blog and set up a link). In her blog she stated that she challenged a group of women she was mentoring to make a list of 100 things. It could be on anything you wanted but it had to be positive.The idea is to build character, organize your thoughts and possibly eventually think of things that make u happy.
On her blog she actually wrote a list of 100 things you could write lists on.I stole 10 of them.
The ten lists of 100 I wrote down...
A bucket list
100 things I'm grateful for
100 things I like about myself
100 I am good at
100 beliefs I have about relationships
100 songs I love
100 movies I love
100 places I have been/ preferably and liked
100 decisions that have changed my life
100 things I want my kids to know.

Now seeing as how it is now 5 am I am really pretty tired but here is my goal for these first 10 top 100 lists. I will work on one list at a time and try to post it preferably at the very least once a month. And yes these lists will be here on this blog....

why?
I started this blog to vent, as most people do. This is my real life that you are reading. But when ever reading other blogs or even books (remind me to do a list of 100 books i have actually read too) I have always wanted to know just a little bit more about the main character (aka me).It makes you feel more connected with the character and you can relate better, So that is what I am hoping to accomplish by this. So again thanks for reading, I look forward to sharing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment